Saturday 5 October 2013

Welcome to my Blog


Hello and welcome to my new blog. I spent the last two years bogging about things I have wanted to change in my life and have decided I wanted to focus my blogging on my running and fitness and therefore I decided to start a new blog.

So, here's some info about me:

1) Since January 2013, I have lost about 27kg's. I knew I was overweight for a long time but the fact that I am getting married in February 2014 made me want to lose weight. The bonus of losing this weight is that I actually have found a new love for running and fitness in general.

2) I still have about 8 kg's I would like to lose but I am generally happy with how I am now, so as long as I maintain this, anything lost from now on is truly a bonus.

3) I have completed running/walking events for the past five years but I lacked fitness so I don't like to refer to those times when comparing my PB's. If I refer to an event as my 'first' it is my first as the 'better' version of me.

4) I still love my food and sweets, I have now learnt how to be in control of them and part of my love for running comes from the fact that I can give myself the occasional treat, hence the title of my blog, 'Later I Shall Have Chocolate.'

5) Next week I complete my first marathon. I am nervous but this has been a goal of mine for so long so I felt it was an appropriate time to start a new blog.

6) Currently, I am dreaming about different holidays I can have around completing marathons in different states/countries. I am not sure how The Boy will feel about that.

7) I love instagram and am an occasional Twitter junkie.

8) My favourite gym classes are Body Pump, Body Step & Spin. I also love my PT session one a week and my PT, Casey is fantastic and a great motivator.

9) I have a fur baby, Ally, (affectionately known as #allypooch). Photos of her may sneak in this blog once in a while.

So that is me! I am using this blog to keep track of progress, so hopefully I can continue to improve on my running goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment