Saturday 19 October 2013

Fitness Friay - On a Saturday

 
So I missed my Fitness Friday post yesterday, due to the fact it was my birthday! It's actually been a good week for me post Melbourne Marathon. I managed to recover quite well and managed a reasonably active week at the gym. Although I did not do 100% of what I would normally do, I was about 80% there which I was happy with post marathon. I think doing cycle on both Monday & Tuesday after the marathon helped to keep my legs moving with minimal impact.
 
Today I gave myself a rest day. The Boy & I had a wonderful lunch at Melba at the Langham. The food was delicious but I have not ate that much in one sitting for so long. Great to do once in a while but wouldn't want to make it a habit. The peking duck pancakes and Indian food station were highlights.
 
This week, my focus is going to be to get my diet back on track from Monday. No unhealthy snacks and preparing meals to ensure correct portion size. I also want to start incorporating some endurance into my running. By including hills and sprints, I can start to develop my endurance and hoping reduce my times. This is my plan for the upcoming week:
 
Sunday: 12km run (easy pace) Just trying to get back into things
Monday: 30 min Spin & 45 min Boot Camp
Tuesday: 13km run in morning (2 laps of the Tan)
Wednesday: 1 hour Body Pump Class & 45 min Boot Camp
Thursday: 8km run at lunchtime. Incorporate Anderson Street Hill. I am aiming for 6 hill sprints but will see how I go as this is my first time doing multiple hill sprints.
Friday: 30 min Personal Training (focus on building endurance)
Saturday: Rest Day!
Sunday: Sri Chinmoy Maribyrnong River Run - 12km - I have done 10km in 54:23 (PB) so I am aiming to do 12km in less than 65 minutes.
 
So quite a busy week for me but hoping the weather will be on my side for the runs and boot camps! 


No comments:

Post a Comment