Friday 11 October 2013

Fitness Friday - Just a Lazy Marathon


On my old blog, I attempted to start a 'Fitness Friday' series of posts. I was not 100% sure what I wanted from them, but I wanted to use it as a way to look at the week ahead and what my focus would be for the upcoming week.

My focus for this week is easy. RUN A MARATHON. Hopefully in sub 4:30 which is one of my long term goals. The time will challenge me but it is realistic.

However, I am keen to continue with my routine once I am finished the marathon. So I guess the question is what my goals will be after this, as I have dedicated the last four months to preparation for the marathon.

Whilst it is going to be a massive achievement to do a marathon, as a runner, I prefer the half-marathon distance. The two hours challenges me but I find that I do recover quite quickly from the distance. Although I do have my eye on a couple of marathons next year, I think I will end up signing up for more half marathons, because whilst preparation is required, it will require somewhat less commitment then the marathon.

I don't believe I will have an issue with completing the distance on Sunday but I think it is important to start to build a better base for my running. I want to be able to beat my personal times and to do this, I need to incorporate some more speed and hills into my running, not necessarily just distance.

I also want to lose those last few kg's because the lighter I am, the better runner I can be. In order to do this I have signed up to Fernwood's Beach Bod Boost Challenge. This has food coaching and PT (which I am already doing) plue 3 boot camps a week. This week has been a write-off in relation to the Boot Camps because I have been tapering for the Marathon but next week I am determined to throw myself back into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment